When you choose a lifestyle of eating only pure, unprocessed foods with no added chemicals, something amazing happens – your taste buds come alive! Fresh vegetables, (organic, if you can find them) literally begin to explode with flavor when you leave off the layers of artificial crud.
One of my favorite things to make is homemade hot sauce. It’s easy and fast to make, it is very manly (because I get to use fire by cooking it on my grill!), it is very healthy, and it lasts for a week or two. Here is my simple recipe:
Cilantro (one bunch)
Garlic cloves (two to four cloves depending on how much you like garlic!)
White onion (one medium)
Tomatoes (eight to 12 medium size)
Jalapeño peppers (six to eight)
Habanera pepper (or any other pepper you want to try)
Salt (to taste)
- Remove stems from cilantro
- Grill on medium high the garlic, onion, tomatoes and peppers
- Take off the grill when the vegetables have a nice black tint to them
- Put tomatoes, onions, cilantro and garlic (pressed) into blender and blend
- Add salt to taste
- Add three of the peppers and blend, taste; add more if you want more heat.
Eat up! Of course I don’t eat chips, but I use the hot sauce for just about everything else in the house. Great on egg whites, in soup, on grilled vegetables, fish, steak, chicken, with fresh avocado, just about everything you can think of.
Check out these pictures – Yum!
cilantro, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and onions - OH MY!
on the grill
nice and toasty - ready for the blender