I started The Purity Diet in June of 2007 and as of today I have lost 71 pounds! It feels great to be on the north side of 70 pounds lost. I started at 255 pounds and for a while now my goal has been to get to 175 pounds. Only 9 more pounds to go!
So now I have a short term goal – to hit 175 pounds before I attend the Dave Ramsey EntreLeadership seminar in Cancun on November 9th www.entreleadership.com . This means I have got to get “gazelle intense” as Dave would say.
Sprinting Through the Finish – Five things I am doing to up the intensity.
- I am making sure my last pure food of the day happens before 7:00 p.m. Not only do you sleep better, but it is an easy way to loose a few extra pounds over the course of several weeks.
- Increase my workout intensity and the number of workouts each week. I am doing 30 minutes five days a week of the interval training I talked about in The Simple Workout, and I am going at it hard. This is up from an average of four days a week and a 25 minute average.
- Fasting. I plan on having a couple of one and a half day fasts between now and November 9. I have been doing this all along and I do it mainly for spiritual reasons, but it also helps you break weight loss plateaus as well. The day I start the fast I plan on having a larger than normal lunch. My favorite is a sushi buffet with lots of fresh fish and not much rice at all. Then I start drinking a bunch of water and iced tea. Hey, I am from Texas and I was weaned on iced tea! Only now I drink it straight, no sugar, no sweeteners, just good old iced tea. The second day I do the same. If I start to feel a bit sluggish I will make a lemon water drink and add some organic grade B maple syrup to it. Sipping on this gives you a boost of energy over time. You can also add the cayenne pepper to it like they recommend in the Lemon Cleanse.
- I started taking Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend. My sister Julie got me on this. It is supposed to be the perfect combination of Omega Fatty Acids. I will let you know how I feel after being on this a few weeks.
- I also just started taking locally grown bee pollen and locally grown oney. Just reading about these two things makes your pure! Google them booth and see what I mean.
Not in the top 5, but I did discover an amazing statistic. Researchers are now saying that for every hour of exercise you do, it is estimated your life expectancy goes up by two hours. I am making plans right now to start working out 12 hours a day!
I will keep you posted on my weight loss over these next seven weeks. I just need to loose a tad over a pound a week. Didn’t someone famous say you can make radical changes in minute steps? (Thanks Dad!) As you can see, all I am doing is adding a little bit here and a little bit there, but I am also making sure I am adding the right kind of fuel into my system, and I am still listening to and reading the good stuff every day.
By the way, if you have a pure weight loss tip, or if you have done the bee pollen or the 3-6-9 oil would you leave me a comment?
Here is another fat picture of me. My sister Cindy loves sending them to me. The lady in the picture is my sister Julie. (You can go here The Purity Diet – Before and After to see the thinner me!)